American Door & Glass of S.W. VA, Inc., is a specialist in the commercial glass industry. We offer glass systems for entrances, storefronts, curtain walls, specialty skylights, bullet resistant glass, handrails and more. We offer commercial windows, both aluminum and fiberglass. We provide product consulting, design services, architectural details, shop drawings and installation of our products to architectural firms, engineers, and general contractors.
American Door & Glass of S.W. VA, Inc. was formed in the Roanoke Valley, in 1993. Our purpose is to offer a vast array of commercial glass products; a diverse line that most glass companies choose not to represent. We want to make many products our specialty, not just the typical one or two.
The major products that are our specialty:
- Aluminum Curtain Wall Systems
- Aluminum Storefront and Entrance Systems
- Aluminum Windows and Patio Doors
- Aluminum Composite Panels
- Commercial Skylights & Canopies
- Custom Glass Handrails
- Fiberglass Windows and Patio Doors
- Architectural Glass
- Architectural Glass Canopy Arbors
The majority of our aluminum products are LEED approved and certified Green. With our experience and growth in our aluminum product lines, it has opened doors to many of the firms that we engage to offer innovative products.
In 2003, we sought and acquired a distributorship in the Mid-Atlantic area, for a window and door product produced from fiberglass. This product meets the demands of greater durability, greater energy savings and greater sustainability. This is critical as we move into the age of environmental issues.
No doubt, we can meet and exceed all needs of any commercial glass project.
In addition to fiberglass, early in 2008 we began to offer Architectural Glass Canopy Arbors both commercially and residentially. While new in the marketplace, we feel that the engineered structure itself is innovative and offers more options than the typical system. Add glass to the roof of the structure, and it is indoor living outside. We are just beginning to take this product to the marketplace, but our preliminary market research shows a fantastic interest in the product.
Another product development that we are working on in the upcoming year is a fiberglass curtain wall system. It is used in the same method as the aluminum curtain wall system would be. However, it has all of the same advantages of fiberglass window framing and can be fabricated in high corrosive areas such as swimming pools, chemical plants, extreme high heat regions and will have a dramatic impact on energy savings.
With our unique diversity, and continuous additions to our standard product lines, we continue the competitive edge that no other commercial glass company has in the Mid-Atlantic area.
Our work has expanded into much of the Mid-Atlantic states and we are especially proud of projects at such locations as:
- Patrick Henry High School, Roanoke, VA
- The Center in the Square custom glass handrail system, Roanoke, VA
- Institute for Critical Technology & Applied Science, Blacksburg, VA
- DuPont Condominiums, Washington, DC
- North Park Condominums, Chevy Chase, MD
- Appalachian State University, Holmes Center, Boone, NC
- Greenfield Education Center, Daleville, VA
- Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, Roanoke, VA
- Walker Automotive Dealerships (Porsche, LandRover, Mercedes, Volvo) Roanoke, VA
- Virginia Tech Bioinformatics, Blacksburg, VA
- Life Sciences I Building, Blacksburg, VA
- Loyola College, Baltimore, MD
- Washington & Lee University, Lexington, VA
- Princeton Community Hospital, Princeton, WV
- NCA&T University, Greensboro, NC